Tuesday, June 16, 2009

feels more official

Yesterday, the nurse called and asked me to come in to give some more blood. The doctor told me while I was there that she was checking the level of progesterone (I think) in me and the previous blood work showed me at a 10. A 5 means an abnormal pregnancy and a 20 is good. Anywhere in between and they aren't sure so as long as the progesterone level was getting higher then that was a good sign. The doctor told me I could call her around 8 and she should know the results. She said she felt bad with all the waiting we had been doing. I called at 8 and found out that the labs were running behind and she said I could call back again in a couple hours. Called back at 10:30 and she said my blood was in the lab but not completed and said to call again in an hour. I called at 11:40 and the results still were not in so I went to bed.

I called the doctor at 10 this morning and she asked if she could call me back in about 15 minutes with the results. She called back and told me that the progesterone level was rising but still not where she wanted it to be so she was going to put me on some medicine to help with that.

Not knowing I had been told to call the doctor, the nurse called and said, "There's a baby!" She set me up with an ultrasound on Thursday at 3:15 so after that we should hopefully have an official due date.

No comments: