So, it is Father's Day, I guess my first official one. Karianne bought me a great Fathers Day card that had instructions on how to diaper a baby by using a baseball diamond. I think I'll have to study it.
On Sunday, my family came down to the Reds game. After the game, they came down to my office and patiently waited for a postgame event to end. At around 6, it was time to head to the Boathouse for dinner. Before we did, I asked my family if they wanted to go out on the field. Before we headed out, Karianne said, "hey, let's tell them on the field."
We decided a couple weeks ago to give my dad a grandparent picture frame with the sonogram picture. After they perused the field, we took a family picture,
On Sunday, my family came down to the Reds game. After the game, they came down to my office and patiently waited for a postgame event to end. At around 6, it was time to head to the Boathouse for dinner. Before we did, I asked my family if they wanted to go out on the field. Before we headed out, Karianne said, "hey, let's tell them on the field."
We decided a couple weeks ago to give my dad a grandparent picture frame with the sonogram picture. After they perused the field, we took a family picture,
then I handed my dad the framed photo. He unwrapped it and it took him a minute, but the look of surprise on his face was priceless. 
And then he handed it to my mom. I don't think I have ever seen both their jaws drop so far. They were all very excited, including Kelly, who was shocked to know we actually kept a secret. Caitlin commented that she thought she would need a new wallet to put all those future pictures in.
Afterwards, we called Aimee and Craig. Jillian was in the background talking, so I asked Aimee to ask Jillian a question for me: Is she looking forward to having a new cousin?
Aimee said "What...are you pregnant. Congratulations! She told Craig, he said that's awesome. She told Jillian and she said, "bla ble ble wa bu bu ba."
Awesome stuff.
Afterwards, we called Aimee and Craig. Jillian was in the background talking, so I asked Aimee to ask Jillian a question for me: Is she looking forward to having a new cousin?
Aimee said "What...are you pregnant. Congratulations! She told Craig, he said that's awesome. She told Jillian and she said, "bla ble ble wa bu bu ba."
Awesome stuff.
2 comments:
Sean and Karianne,
What can I say but, WOW! We are so thrilled with your baby news and can't wait for him/her to be here! I love you both.
I am so happy for you guys! I can't stop thinking about you both! (Or should I say all 3 of you! :)) I love this blog too. Great idea!
Post a Comment