Monday, October 12, 2009

The Class - the future fathers perspective

This past Saturday, we had our childbirth class. We learned everything we needed to know to have a successful birth including breathing exercises, stretching (for Karianne, although it wouldn't hurt if I stretched more), anatomy (I now know the uterus is actually a muscle - I don't know why this never occurred to me before), and other things that occur with the birth (cord issues, pelvic issues, length of labor, fake labor, etc.).

We also got to watch a birthing video. I would like to note at this time that I thought the child born via c-section looked like he came out wearing a Van Halen t-shirt. They also showed an epidural and a natural childbirth. I'm not disgusted, nor did I get nauseous or disturbed, but frankly, I am damn glad to be a man.

The only thing they didn't actually cover is when the stork comes. Disappointing.

1 comment:

ommy123 said...

My favorite part:

" I'm not disgusted, nor did i get nautious or disturbed, but frankly, I am damn glad to be a man.

The only thing they didn't actually cover is when the stork comes. Disappointing"

Thank you for being a man and being their to support Kanne:)