Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Doctor Visits

Last night while we were at the Reds game, I noticed Liam had some eye boogies. He was also rubbing his eyes but I didn't think anything of it because he was tired. When he woke up this morning, his eyes were all crusty. I thought it was pink eye based on the symptoms so I called into work and they said to take the day off. Liam and I both got appointments with the doctor (ours is on vacation so another one in the practice who I have seen before and like). I was planning to get an appointment anyways because I have a rash which I thought to be poison ivy but it looked a little different than poison ivy I've had before so I wanted to get it checked out.

We went to the doctor and I was correct about both of us. Liam has viral conjunctivitis (pink eye) and I have poison ivy. For Liam, she didn't recommend putting anything in his eyes but to just wait it out and she said he would no longer be contagious when any eye discharge stopped. For me, she said I could do nothing and it would go away or I could use ivy rest or hydrocortisone cream. Because Liam is still a little contagious, we are off work again tomorrow.

No comments: