Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Weekly Check Up

This past Saturday I went and got a maternity massage thanks to my sister-in-law, Kelly. It was fabulous and very, very relaxing. I was most excited that I got to lay on my stomach for part of it thanks to some special pillows. I can't remember the last time before then that I had laid on my stomach. I also got a pedicure which was fun and now my feet are pretty!

On Monday, I decided I was going to start crocheting a blanket for the baby. I've gotten quite a lot of it finished but I'm realizing I am not very good at making it straight. This is my first piece of crocheting I may actually finish. I am thinking I will most likely have to take some of it out and re-do it so it doesn't look quite so crooked.

I went to the doctor this afternoon. She checked the baby's heartbeat and it sounded good. She checked and I still have not dilated at all (I am now allowed to start prayers to St. Gerard since Sean gave his thesis presentation last night and is now finished with school!). She also measured me. She told me that I really hadn't gained a lot of weight which was good but she is worried that the baby might be big. She had me schedule an ultrasound for Monday and after the ultrasound we will talk with the doctor.

This weekend my parents are coming to town on Saturday and we are going to dinner with Sean's family. Sean also decided it would be fun to go to a cyclones game pre-baby so we will be doing that on Friday with some friends.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Good luck Monday!! Let me know if you need any help with anything :)