Monday, February 1, 2010

39 weeks!

Today I am 39 weeks pregnant! We went to the doctor today for the ultrasound. The baby was measured and she said it was about 8 pounds 4 ounces. The doctor then said it could still be a little bigger than that and they expect it could get up to about 9 pounds by the time he/she is born. Sean was 8 pounds 15 ounces so it is sounding like the baby will be about the same size as daddy. The head is measuring in the 91st percentile. The amniotic fluid level was good and the heart rate was 146 which is also very good.

We talked about our options with the doctor and this is the plan. If the baby decides to come by itself in the next week, great! As of right now, I still have not dilated and the baby's head is still high. If the baby drops or I dilate on my own by Monday's appointment then I will be induced on Tuesday morning. If the baby has not dropped and I have not dilated by Monday's appointment then we will keep an already scheduled c-section on Tuesday at 8:30 a.m. The main reason she said she would like to do a c-section in this case is because if the baby's head has not dropped, she is worried it is because the baby's head it too big to fit.

So at the latest, FMB will be here by the 9th!

We got a picture of the baby's face today. I will try and remember to get it posted tomorrow.

1 comment:

Vestina Winton said...

Please keep us posted sweetie. We love you and are thinking about you, Sean and baby Brown! I am still working 2 jobs, 7 days a week - 8 am until 11 pm, except Sat & Sun I work mostly 8 hour days. Pretty exhausted but wanted to let you know that Jessica and I are thinking of you and we miss you. Where are you registered?
Love,
Your Cousins in FL