Friday, March 9, 2012

The First Night Home

My parents were nice enough to stay with Liam while we were at the hospital.  I wanted to try and keep him in his own environment as much as possible since his life was going to be changing so much.  Grammy said he was great!  They were able to come up to the hospital a few times too which was great. 

My mom helped me with the feeding cycle the first night where I would nurse her and then mom fed her the bottle while I pumped and then changed her diaper and got her settled back to sleep.  Aside from obviously being a little tired, it went well and I was able to get some sleep.  Ainsley is very different from Liam when it comes to feedings. He would wake up and cry and demand to be fed right away but so far I have had to wake her up for almost every feeding.

Grammy holding Ainsley with Liam driving Ronald McDonald on her arm.
 Kisses for baby sister.
 On Friday evening, Courtney came back to town to hang out and also go to ikea to look for some things for her wedding. We all ate some fish fry that Aunt Kelly picked up for us.



No comments: