Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Weekend Update Part #1

We went to Gatlinburg this weekend with some friends.  Liam and I drove to Knoxville on Friday to pick up Sean at the airport because he had been in Texas.  Liam watched a few  movies in the car and was a very good traveler.  We arrived at the airport about 3 hours early.  I figured we would eat there and run around the airport but it ended up being much smaller than I thought and only one small market was on the non-passenger side.  I decided to take Liam and we went to McDonalds for a late lunch.  As we were about to leave, I checked my phone and Sean said his flight had been delayed.  I went to get gas and then decided to find a Target because I can always waste time there!  I put target into my map application on my phone and it took us to the correct exit but told me to turn the wrong way.  After updating the directions, I realized I was headed the wrong direction so we went back and finally found the Target.  I let Liam walk around and look at the toys and then I got him new Toy Story cups because he had been so good.  We then headed back to the airport and arrived about 30 minutes before Sean landed.  Liam loved running around the baggage claim and racing after the luggage.  

Finally Sean arrived and we started our journey to the cabin.  We hit a little traffic going through Pigeon Forge and then got  slightly lost up on the mountain but then we finally found our way.  Ryan, Angela, Brecken, and Callahan were already at the cabin when we arrived and Billy and Kelly arrived a short  while later.

On Saturday, we went for a hike to a waterfall.  It was a beautiful day! 


 After hiking, Angela, Ryan, Brecken, Callahan, San, Liam, and I had a picnic lunch while Billy and Kelly went to meet up with his mom who had arrived.  We then went to Cade's Cove and drove the scenic 11 mile loop where we saw a bear, wild turkeys, and lots of deer.  In the evening, we headed to downtown Gatlinburg to walk around and shop.

No comments: