Friday, May 29, 2009

Sean finding out about the baby

So I came home from work and Karianne told me that she went shopping and bought herself a birthday present. I asked what it was, and she got out a massive book filled with baby names. At that, I asked, "Are you...are we...pregnant?" She shook her head yes and we warmly embraced.

Inside my head I went through a number of emotions all on once...elation, excitement, fear. I finally settled on total terror. It's not that I am not excited, I just have no idea what to do with a kid that is 8 years old, let alone a baby. Personally, I always kidded Karianne that we should adopt an 8 year old, but I guess the whole, "having your own child" thing is all the rage. I guess I'll have to learn.

1 comment:

Sean said...

WOW!! Sean. I am so excited! Can't wait. I love all three of you.

Mom